Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Not much can be a lot! (June 2021)

This outing I only saw two birds. Each however was a colourful favourite I don't get to photograph nearly enough. So, to get both these on the same day was a real treat for me!

The first one has charmed me since my very first sighting walking down Corks Lane in Ballina way back! Sadly, with the development of industrial sites and roads from the airport, that habitat is rapidly disappearing 😠 - but that is a whole other story.

So this brief post shares these treats for you to enjoy. Both birds also featured in my 2017 Exhibition.

Red-backed fairy wren


The second bird is the splendidly lairy and oh so boldy coloured eastern rosella. In this photo the elusive character is looking rather imperiously at me as I take the photograph - perhaps a simpler way of writing that would be it is "looking down on me"! However I write it, I was privileged to catch and follow the splash of colour in flight before it perched so close.



No comments:

Post a Comment