Monday, July 29, 2019

Catching up

So, clearly the date gap indicates I did not quite follow-up my initial enthusiasm. Not to worry. The base was established so never too late to build on it 😉.

Just remember, or be aware, if you click on a photo it will open as a larger image and you see thumbnails of all in the blog post to scroll through if you prefer to just look (and avoid the reading - entirely your choice!)
Young Osprey - Ballina north wall.

On Saturday after having the good fortune to capture the youngster above surveying the water out on their own without mum nearby, I bumped into friends. After showing this photo, they suggested (not for the first time) that I should be sharing some of my photos. On reflection while driving home, I remembered I had started this blog, relocated it, and here I am ... feeling like the time may be right to do that sharing.

As I was contemplating how to reactivate I did a quick review of my photo files since I purchased my current camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200) back in 2015 and it struck me that might I may be able to "recreate" a timeline. However, that strikes me as a way forward rather than a way to catch up. So ... I set out below the number of photos (give or take) that I have taken each year to now.

2015: 1016 (Apr - Dec only)
2016: 2003
2017: 2406
2018: 1486
2019: 1673 (to July only)

It will be from these I select photos of (Australian) birds to share and highlight the beauty and wonder available to us when we even pause (or better, stop and be still to observe) to notice these wonderful creatures. These will be different photos to those already offered in the 2017 Exhibition already posted ... though some of the same species will be included.

And to conclude this reactivation, the willy wagtail below was taking a rest-break after harassing the young Osprey above ... quite the contrast ... but their negotiation led to no feathers being shed!
Willy-wagtail - Ballina north wall

No comments:

Post a Comment