Wednesday, July 31, 2019

2016 - UK & my bird awakening

The first half (effectively) of 2016 was about my expectation of learning more about using my new camera while visiting the UK for the birth of another grand daughter (Maggie ... I only know that with the value of hindsight!) - the first daughter for Belinda & George who live in Norwich, Norfolk.

Little did I anticipate the role of being introduced to bird-watching by George's dad, Sean, would have on my learning. Birds became the focus (no pun intended!) of my photography. A full blog of that extended stay will offer many glimpses and examples of UK birds so feel free to explore that journey if you are so inclined: Our UK trip to Norfolk (and other places).

The following photo is just one example of many highlights from that extended stay ... it is memorable to me as I was not aware of the way some waterbirds carry their young on their back - apparently for their initial protection from the dangers of pike lurking from below - ah, nature!

And I cannot resist one more showing the "power of mum" ... greylags on the move!

OK, subsequent posts will return to the Australian bird theme post UK visit with my increased awareness of what had, no doubt, always been happening around me 😕.

No comments:

Post a Comment