Wednesday, July 31, 2019

2016 - out my office window

Walking into work, to my office, after my 3 months off and I am acutely aware of many bird calls. As I open my windows to allow the stale air to exhale and inhale the fresh, several of those calls sound very close ... suddenly I am conscious to the avian activity that has, no doubt, been happening outside my windows for the decades I have have been there! Just now by watching with my ears and listening more acutely with my eyes ... and actually taking time to do so ... I NOTICE what has always been there. So much we miss by not lifting out heads, if not our eyes and turning our ears ... each a little bird but each with a distinctive voice ...

Male red-backed fairy wren
Female red-backed fairy wren
Golden whistler



Grey fantail
Red-browed finch
Striated pardalote















And not always small but certainly with a distinctive and loud call and relaxed flight ... the yellow-tailed black cockatoo is a regular visitor!

















What an interruption to any day, and in this instance what a welcome back 😊.

No comments:

Post a Comment