Friday, December 2, 2022

A stop-over in Taree (Nov)

A pelican, some wood ducks and a feral pigeon ... it has been a long time since I have been on a long drive. I was heading to Sydney to pick up our good friends visiting from the UK. It was my first drive to Sydney on the (almost) completed Pacific Motorway/Highway - and in comparison to the old variants, it was a fabulous "easy" drive.

I decided to break up the journey with a night in Taree and catch up with a friend from my rugby coaching days. We had a really nice dinner at the Sailing Club on the river bank and it wsa a treat to share that meal with two of his kids. How the circle of life rotates!

On arrival in Taree, I decided to head for a walk along the riverbank to stretch the legs and back after being in the car. Nice to reminisce as well about what has changed and what has remained largely the same over the years since growing up and later visiting family. 










No comments:

Post a Comment