Thursday, November 5, 2020

First day of retirement treat!

Yes, that day has arrived for me - 4 November was my final day at work. That makes today my first day of retirement 😀. I have been very fortunate to have both enjoyed a long, fulfilling career with my final employer (35 years) and been able to ease to this point with a couple of periods of long service leave. I feel very privileged. I very much look forward to being more active and flexible in search of birds to photograph and document.

My treat today was not any photographs I took - in fact, I did not even have my camera with me today. However, while exploring my new personal laptop (after so many spoiled years of access to work equipment), I browsed tonight to the home page of Birdlife Photography. I am a member and a fairly regular visitor to the site. This visit contained a link highlighting the Gallery of the winners and shortlisted photos of the 2020 Birdlife Australia Photography Awards.

This post is an invitation to the reader to check out the Awards Gallery ... THESE show off the absolute magnificence of so many fantastic birds (and the talent of the photographers!). The quality of the photography is PLAIN to see and demonstrates the range of cameras and lenses  way beyond my humble equipment 😊. The range of locations and categories shows just what is ALL around us.

Certainly gives me a huge smile to see the talent on display. It also offers inspiration to keep doing what I'm doing in my own way because with patience and practice we can all improve and share similar satisfaction exhibited in the photographers comments (when you click on a photo to enlarge it, hover over the image and the comments pop up) when we manage to get that spendid shot we did not imagine was possible.

Please enjoy - they are truely magnificant!

No comments:

Post a Comment