Friday, May 11, 2018

A (late) beginning




I was watching an episode of Gardening Australia tonight and they had a feature on a WA lady who takes pictures of insects around Bunbury. She publishes (some of) them on The Insect Diary.  Turned out to be on Blogger ... and there are some wonderful entries in her diary!

So, I have maintained several blogs for (some of) our trips over recent years. And I have been contemplating for some time how I might best feature some of my accumulating bird photos online. While I have investigated setting up a dedicated website, maintaining it is more than I care to take on presently. So, viewing The Insect Diary provided a simple solution to try that was hiding in plain sight ... rather like many birds I have managed to photograph; and even more who have eluded my lens despite being in plain sight!

So here we go ...

I will offer as my first sharing the photos from my first (and only) exhibition in the SCU Learning Centre, Lismore campus during Bird Week, in October 2017.


The two pictures of a sacred kingfisher on this first page were taken in 2015 on one of my first outings with my current camera (Lumix FZ200). It was close to the breaking waves on the surf-side (Main Beach) of the north wall at Ballina.

No comments:

Post a Comment